Shopping & Everything For The Home

Let's go internet shopping together girls!

Name:
Location: Near Annapolis, Maryland, United States

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Fine Linens for Your Home

For me there is nothing better than a 100% linen towel to dry my dishes and glasses. I've used linen towels for at least 15 years. Cotton towels are OK and easy to find, but don't dry nearly as well as linen. Linen leaves no lint on your glasses and just gets better and better with use. 100% linen dishtowels can be close to impossible to find and you need to be careful when ordering kitchen towels online. Make sure you look twice. Some towels that are called "linen" are actually cotton.

Now that I've gotten a real sense of my kitchen and the colors I'm using it's time to find a tablecloth and napkins for those special occasions when I want to be able to dress the table up. Luckily my choice of Vetri Cucina Fresca dinnerware gives me the opportunity to choose from a wide array of color choices when it comes to my choice of linen. The color of this dinnerware is cream, yellow and green.

There are many fine sites online that offer linens for the kitchen. Some offer 100% linen, some blends of linen and cotton that vary between 95% linen, 5% cotton to a combination of 55% linen, 45% cotton.

When I married and needed two very special napkins for a display I had set up for my wedding I ordered two linen napkins from Yves Delorme. Yves Delorme carries what I consider "serious" luxury linen goods for table, bed and bath.

Right now I am looking at the Balcon line from Yves Delorme as my choice for my kitchen table linen. This is a lovely tone on tone design on cotton damask. It comes in many lovely colors including green and natural, which would go beautifully with my dishes. I could mix and match these two colors to add even more interest to my table.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home